The terms and conditions for purchasing registration and attending the Waves in Time conference include sections on cancellation policy, disclaimers and social media policy prior, during and after the conference.
This cancellation policy applies to registrations for the Waves in Time 2019 Family & Local History Conference & Fair being held on 24-26 May 2019, at VENUE 114 (formerly known as Lake Kawana Community Centre), Sunshine Coast. It also includes the Conference Dinner on 25 May 2019.
- full refund up to the date registrations close – 12 April 2019
- 50% refund for cancellations between 12 April and 12 May 2019
- no refund after 13 May 2019 (10 days before conference)
- however transfer of Delegate Registration to another person may be possible at the committee’s discretion
- all refunds are subject to the discretion of the Conference Committee
How to cancel
Registration cancellations must be received in writing – email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail posted to Waves in Time, PO Box 968, Caloundra Qld 4551.
Cancellations will not be deemed to be received until you have written confirmation from the Waves in Time Team. If you have not received acknowledgement within two business days, please contact Roz on 5493 1197 or Valerie on 5437 3879 or email again.
Credit card surcharges are non-refundable.
Welcome Function & Conference Dinner
- A ticket for the Welcome Function is included for registered conference delegates.
- Delegates can bring a partner to this event if pre-booked at the time of registration.
- Seating for the Conference Dinner is limited to 100 plus official guests. For this reason, preference will be given to registered conference delegates.
- The programme is correct at time of publishing.
- We reserve the right to adjust the programme should circumstances outside our control dictate this necessity.
Social Media Policy.
- Waves in Time encourages your use of social media at our conference such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and live blogging.
- While encouraging the use of social media, the Waves in Time Conference is not responsible for content on the websites or social media of other people.
- You acknowledge that by attending the Waves in Time conference that your photo may be taken and used on social media.
- We ask you to support our speakers who have worked many hours to prepare and provide the presentations. In using social media we ask you to support the balance between the speakers’ ownership of their material and your right to freely talk about the conference. We ask you to support the balance between your right to use electronic devices and other people’s right to quietly enjoy the presentations.
As the organiser, Waves in Time have adopted some rules to clearly support this policy:
- Social media may only be used to summarise, highlight, excerpt, review, and publicise sessions, the exhibition hall, speakers, or the conference in general. The speaker must be appropriately referenced where applicable.
- All attendees should note that to protect the speakers’ intellectual property rights and copyright, there should be no photos, recording or reproducing audio, videos of any content including slides presented at the conference. Collecting or distributing this content without the presenter’s permission is strictly prohibited.
- All mobile and other electronic devices must be on silent during a presentation and must not disturb other attendees.
- Attendees who breach these rules will be required to leave the presentation.