Hosted by Caloundra Family History
How quickly time is flying – the conference is now only nine and a bit weeks away!
Early Bird Registrations closes on 31 March and all registrations close on 12 April.
The Waves in Time long weekend begins when the doors open on . . .
Friday 24 May
- The free public Fair will begin on Friday and continue in the Exhibition Hall all weekend. There is easy access through the courtyard to the hall.
- Hours for the Fair are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday and Saturday and 9:00 am to 12 noon on Sunday.
- There will be five free talks on Friday morning commencing at 9:30 am with a talk by Shauna Hicks on Tips & Tricks for Beginners.
- Following this excellent start, we have Paul Parton on FamilySearch, John Graham on The Ryerson Index, Shannon Sutton on Trove and other National Library Newspaper Treasures and then Jason Reeve on Ancestry.
- In order to fit in five talks, there is a break of only ten minutes between each one. We are aware that not everyone is going to all the talks and sessions on Friday, but if you are, it will have to be a very quick lunch.
- During the afternoon, there will be three paid sessions. These need to be pre-booked.
- The first talk is Dan Kelly on Writing and Publishing Memoirs and Biographies. Helen V Smith will follow with DNA: What it can do for your Genealogical Research. The final talk is from Milli Kafcaloudis on Using Google for Family and Local History.
- Full details on all the speakers and their topics can be found at the following link: https://wavesintime2019.org.au/synopsis
Lunches & Teas
- Please note that there are no cafés or shops near VENUE 114. Everyone attending on Friday will need to either bring lunch from home or pre-order a Lunch Pack for $15.
- As part of our concern for sustainability, bottled water will not be available but there will be water stations in the building. The conference bag will contain a reusable water bottle.
- There is an Espresso Bar located in the courtyard which will operate throughout the duration of the conference.
- Exhibitors and other visitors to the Fair on Saturday and/or Sunday will also need to bring a lunch from home or pre-order a Lunch Pack.
- Morning and afternoon tea and lunch on Saturday and morning tea on Sunday is included for delegates and speakers.
- We are very fortunate to have received excellent sponsorship for the conference.
- These funds will be used in a variety of ways, from covering the costs of the Welcome Function, morning and afternoon teas, Saturday Lunch, Conference Bags, the Shuttle Bus and much more.
- We thank our sponsors for their generosity and their support.
- Please visit our Sponsor Page to see who these wonderful organisations are: https://wavesintime2019.org.au/sponsors/
- Visitors to the public Fair over the weekend will have the opportunity to peruse the many Exhibitor Stalls.
- There will be more than 30 stalls, from a variety of organisations, most of them manned, so plenty of people to meet, places to visit and information to be shared.
- There will also be a selection of brochures and information provided by organisations that cannot be there in person.
- For details of which organisations will be at the conference and fair see: https://wavesintime2019.org.au/exhibitors/
- Attendance at the Welcome Function is included with full registration and for all major sponsors. Your ‘Name Tag’ is your ticket for this and other events.
- Others who have paid to attend the Welcome Function (Exhibitors and/or Partners) will receive a name tag at the registration desk before going into the Welcome Function.
- The Conference Dinner is now fully booked; numbers were limited because of the size of the restaurant.
- We are keeping a waiting list and will advise those on the list should a vacancy occur.
- We are working on a shuttle bus to/from the Best Western Plus Lake Kawana Hotel / Aquarius Apartments to transport delegates to the venue and home again at the end of the day. More details next newsletter.
Follow us on Social Media
Our webmaster Fran is doing a great job regularly posting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – keep in the loop by following on:
Join our closed Facebook Group – Genimates at #wavesintime2019.
The official hashtag for the conference is #wavesintime2019.
Need more information?
If there are questions to which you need answers, please email us at: email@example.com